It is challenging in many ways to develop a net zero electricity grid. Adding renewable energies means more need for storage and for grid balancing. Grid-scale batteries handle these issues but their operation is not quite simple.
A battery has access to many different revenue streams, each being specific. No revenue alone is enough to make it economically viable. All revenues stacked and optimized together ensure profitability in the long run and a fast deployment.
We are developing optimization and trading algorithms that merge the battery revenue streams and ensure their sustainable development. Their deployment will form an autopilot that makes the best decisions, in real time, on the electricity markets to maximize the batteries profit and lifetime.
About us :
StackEase is a deeptech spinoff from the INRIA (French Institute for Research in Computer Science). It secured its first fundings and is enrolled with a world-class accelerator, starting this fall. Members are located in Paris, Lyon and Marseille.
Our values are innovation, customer satisfaction, merit and sustainability. The company’s purpose is to leverage Machine Learning to accelerate the energy transition.
- Participate in the development and deployment at scale of trading algorithms with the highest standards
- Lead the company to be a balancing service provider
- Enforce the values of innovation, customer satisfaction, merit and sustainability of the company
- Share and increase the connection of the company, especially in the energy field
- Understand, translate and follow-up the different electricity market rules in Europe, both for ancillary and short-term markets
- Engage in strategic analysis and product design via constructive criticism
Skills Wishlist :
- More than 3 years of experience in the energy and flexibility markets
- Familiar with the UE rules for balancing (FCR, aFRR, mRR) and short-term markets (day-ahead, intraday, imbalance)
- Experience in the development of optimization and trading algorithms
- Ability to derive and validate a mathematical model from a regulation
- Knowledge on grid-scale Li-ION batteries
- Entrepreneur mindset, team spirit, consensual and efficient
- Fluent in English, proficient in French and if possible in German
- 5% to 30% of equity to negotiate
You do not need to meet 100% of the requirements to apply, we will study all applications. References and a cover letter are also welcome but not mandatory.